Week three of this working from home thing. It’s not all bad, but it does get rather boring. I find my attention wanders and I procrastinate quite a bit more than I do if I’m sitting in an office.
Speaking of which, yesterday I got an email from my cousin Madalaine, who lives up in Illinois and is also practicing social distancing and staying at home with her family. She sent me this clever idea that I thought I’d share with you all as a way to engage, even if only through this post. She and her friends are sending emails to each other talking about the Top 10 things they are doing while practicing social distancing. I thought I’d give you my 10 that I sent back to her.
10 ACCOMPLISHMENTS WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING
1. Walk two miles with the dog twice a day.
2. Put makeup on every day regardless of whether wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt.
3. Tackle some of the recipe’s that we have ingredients for in the house. Or creative cook/bake! (Last week I made some yummy Hazelnut Praline White and Chocolate Chip cookies from extra’s we had in the house).
4. Corona Cocktails on the weekend! I’ve done three so far and they’ve been pretty tasty. Again, using ingredients we already have in the house. Sidenote- my drinks are a little strong but not too many complaints. The picture below is a Dark and Stormy. Rum, Ginger Beer, and Lime. Tasty!
5. Puzzles! We have been on a puzzle binge. I think we are on our 5th?
6. Finish out some TV series we’ve had recorded and start up some new ones. After seeing Josh Gates at the Ryman, Derry and I are binge watching Expedition Unknown. There are 7 seasons if you’re interested! We love the archeology and adventure aspects. Plus he’s adorably dorky-cute.
7. Clean out my drawers. I’m pretty good about the closet because we live in such a small space, but boy do I have too many t-shirts, pj’s, and old underwear. TMI, I know! LOL and I promise, no pictures of this one.
8. Call, instant message, and/or Skype with someone every day. Stay in touch! I’ve got friends up in New Jersey and New York that I’m worried about and now is a great time to tell them I’m thinking of them.
9. Watch a couple of movies. I have the attention span of a gnat, so I do much better with hour long shows, but there are so many movies I’d like to see! We did watch Murder Mystery on Netflix. It stars Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler and was so cute!
10. READ, READ, READ. Gosh, I have so many books and now that I have the time, I should catch up on my reading!
If you’d like to chime in and let me and all of your followers know what your 10 Accomplishments are while social distancing, please feel free! I’d love to read them so please tag me!
Take care and get to work on your next accomplishment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.